Quote of the Day

"We're only here briefly, and while I'm here I want to allow myself joy. So fuck it."
- Amy, Her.

Sunday 8 May 2011

The Sunday Supdate: 08/05/11

Well, the word of the week was absence (not to be confused with abstinence). I'm aware that there hasn't been much movement this week, and I apologise to those craving some ground-breaking weekday blogging. Why, I hear you ask? Well, I don't know to be honest, just haven't had the time or the ideas. But don't go expecting a sudden surge in activity now though, as I've still got various exams and the like to be dealing with, and you know how priorities go. I'll still keep the Trailer Tuesdays and occasional RE:Views in, and the odd piece if I have the time.

But I am still endeavoring to keep it all fresh, and recently brain-stormed some ideas. I'm toying with the idea of a couple new weekly features that could or couldn't go ahead in the coming weeks. There's also this field-study/research thing I want to kick off if I can get the commitment for it in. But I must keep my silence on it all if I wish to pertain the dramatic hype or whatever you want to call it. Stay tuned...

Attack The Block invades cinemas this week, and for those who don't know what it is, check out this trailer here. A friend and I have been disputing whether it'll be any good throughout this week, me saying yes and him saying no. However, I hope to prove him wrong come this Wednesday(opening day!) when I go see it. After all, it has been described as the next Shaun of The Dead, so I have high hopes. RE:View? You'll just have to wait and see.

What do you think about ATB? Have a say on the poll >
Also started watching Firefly last week, the hugely popular sci-fi show from 2003 which gained a cult-following for it's inventive combination of the sci-fi and western genres. However, the SOBs over at FOX cancelled the show after one season for some bizarre reason, but it's a mistake many fans will not forgive them for. So I decided to see what all the fuss was about and even though I'm only a couple of episodes in, I am loving it. Everything is just so bang on, from the characters and dialogue to the sound and action. Pure awesome. So, taking inspiration from a HSSS video, what shows were you pissed to see cancelled? Vote on the poll to the right.

Yay, more polls! Good to see them return after a little hiatus. Right, that's all for now, so here's a song I've been listening(and playing) to recently. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment