Quote of the Day

"We're only here briefly, and while I'm here I want to allow myself joy. So fuck it."
- Amy, Her.

Monday 2 May 2011

The Monday Supdate: 02/05/11

Or should that be Mupdate?

Anyway, it's another week and another update and the biggest story today; Mr Bin Laden. Yep, as I am sure you know, big-bad-Osama has finally been found and killed in Pakistan. Now obviously this a great thing, that the world's most wanted man has been brought to justice. But is it really justice though? The man responsible for killing 1000s of innocent civilians gets his comeuppance by a couple of quick, near-painless bullets to the face? Surely that's getting off a little easy for a man capable of such evil? But then again, I guess torture or drowning or having him ripped apart by wolves would cause a lot of disruption through the Al-Qaeda community... Oh well, at least we can all be thankful that the murderous SOB has been finished once and for all. I did hear an interesting quote on Twitter though: "This weekend's been a lot like a Disney movie... The princess gets married and then the villain is defeated.". Very true, methinks.



Moving away from "World Hide and Seek Champion 2001-2011" now, and this week also saw... well not a lot as far as this blog's concerned. My Thor RE:View went live, picking up quite a few hits, largely due to it being posted before the actual movie came out. HIGH-FIVES FOR PREVIEW SCREENINGS! All professional-like! Anyway, apart from that there was the piece on HSSS and the triple trailers. And this weeks trailer will be a proper breakdown by the way.

Anyone been watching Doctor Who? Because seriously, that two part series opener blew my mind! Steven Moffat (writer) has reached a new level of excellence in my opinion and I can't wait for more of his stuff. And if you've seen the first episode of the modern-day Sherlock, you'll know how good Moffat is. Which reminds me how psyched I am for the upcoming animated Tintin movie. I'm not really a fan of the quippy-haired boy adventurer, but have you seen the line-up for this? Spielberg and Peter Jackson producing/directing, Edgar Wright and Moffat writing and John Williams composing while Pegg+Frost, Andy Serkis and Daniel Craig all star alongside Jamie Bell as Tintin. I don't know if that means anything to you, but for me this is awesome. Can't wait for December.
Don't worry, It's not as creepy as it looks.
But that'll have to wait as I do believe I've got a Summer to enjoy first. Have a good week now and I'll meet you back here next Sunday for more Sups. Chow now everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment