So here's the first trailer (well, more of a TV spot) for Captain America The First Avenger, aired during the Super Bowl last weekend. From the 30 seconds given, it looks pretty sweet.
"In 1942, Steve Rogers (Chris Evans) is deemed physically unfit to enlist in the U.S. Army and fight the Nazis in World War II. Volunteering instead for Project: Rebirth, a secret military operation, he is physically transformed into a super-soldier dubbed Captain America. With sidekick Bucky Barnes (Sebastian Stan), he fights the Red Skull (Hugo Weaving), Hitler's treacherous head of advanced weaponry, whose own plan for world domination involves a seemingly magical object known as the Tesseract." - Wikipedia Plot Summary
Here's the rundown of what's inside:
- 0:04-A rather thin looking Chris Evans as Steve Rodgers/Captain America (maybe a different actor for the 'thin' parts) getting strapped into a body enhancing machine.
- 0:08-Guys smashing through windows, obviously.
- 0:09-More 'thin' Evans, this time with a doctor, presumably telling him what's going to happen in this machine.
- 0:14-One for the ladies; beefy Evans emerges.
- 0:16/17-First glimpse of the Cap in action, shield and all. Plus some fancy ass-kicking acrobats.
- 0:19-Jet plane fly over (presumably transporting the Cap) and very short blink-and-you'll-miss-it clip of Captain America on his motorbike with shit blowing up around him-awesomeness-and then him running through forests with more explosions and shield swinging.
- 0:21-Steve Rodgers, in army gear, leading a team into battle including an Asian, who knew?
- 0:22-Underwater outfit-less Cap smashing some subs (not the sandwiches).
- 0:23-Cap surrounded by flamethrower dudes.
- 0:24-Another very quick shot, this time giving us our first look at Red Skull, looking... uh, red.
- 0:25-Love interest Peggy Carter(Hayley Atwell) proving just how indestructible the Cap's shield really is.
- 0:29-Title and release date (22 July 2011) show along with 'Real-D 3D' logo.
Yeah, pretty cool. Definitely looks like the focus is on WW2 and the Cap kicking some Nazi bottom, which is always a good thing. Let's just hope the focus will remain more on character, like in Iron Man, and won't get too distracted with explosions and action. That's it for this Trailer Tuesday, and, if you stick around long enough, this might even become a weekly thing...