Yeah that's right, I broke a promise; another Marvel movie. And, I'm sorry about that, but they literally only just released this. What could I do? I had no choice, you got to believe me! It was either this or Mars Needs Moms... And beside, this formula's been working so far, so why not again? I hope you find some mercy deep down in your hearts and forgive me. Please, just grant me one more chance...
Okay, groveling over, lets get down to business.
"The Mighty Thor, a powerful but arrogant warrior whose reckless actions reignite an ancient war. Thor is cast down to Earth and forced to live among humans as punishment. Once here, Thor learns what it takes to be a true hero when the most dangerous villain of his world sends the darkest forces of Asgard to invade Earth." - Wikipedia Plot Summary
Here, for proper link with bigger screen and better quality.
- 0:08-0:15 - Thor's crash site, or soon to be crashsite, is being checked over by who we can only assume to be S.H.I.E.L.D., the group behind assembling The Avengers. This is actually the site glimpsed at the end of Iron Man 2, once the credits had rolled, where the agent finds the hammer, Mjolnir.
- 0:16 - A storm is brewing... The same storm that Thor falls from to crash down onto Earth.
- 0:22 - 0:26 - Warp speed, anyone? No, this must be Thor falling from the skies.
- 0:30 - Natalie Portman as Jane Foster with her friend, Darcy, and Dad(?) finding Chris Hemsworth's Thor for the first time. As you can see, he's not very happy about just being hit by their car, old viking speak included.
- 0:37 - And I don't think he's going to be very happy about being tazered either...
- 0:47 - Thor's been taken to hospital and he still does not look happy...
- 0:50 - Definitely not happy now that he's throwing doctors around. First glimpse of his impressive strength though.
- 0:54 - One for the ladies; ripped Hemsworth. Kat Dennings' Darcy definitely approves...
- 1:02 - The ladies certainty have a lot of questions for the weird, semi-god, homeless viking man they've just found. Can't think why.
- 1:07 - INTERNET MEME ALERT! Thor, at a small-town diner, is rather impressed with his coffee and smashes it on the floor for more. Just read some comments on the actual Youtube link to see how popular it's become. My favourite is "I like this woman, ANOTHER *smashes Natalie Portman*".
- 1:13 - A close encounter with Portman gets Thor talking about magic and shit. Stay off drugs, kids.
- 1:18 - Epic ice place: where Thor comes from, Asgard, I'm guessing.
- 1:19-1:22 - Action time! Thor faces off against some Frost Giants. Not the use of his hammer, Mjolnir, as a boomerang. Whether these section will be in flashbacks or not, is unknown, but I think it is.
- 1:25 - Hello big futuristic city! Asgard in all its glory.
- 1:29 - Thor kneels before
ZodOdin (the legendary Anthony Hopkins), his father, and swears to protect the innocent.
- 1:32 - Frost Giant army. Looking chilly. And I do believe that's their King, Ymir, standing at the front.
- 1:34 - Close up of Mjolnir.
- 1:35 - Meet Loki, the movie's antagonist. He's the adopted brother of Thor and has all kinds of crazy-ass abilities. Here's hoping for an awesome showdown at the end of the film.
- 1:39 - Loki all suited up. By the sounds of it, he wants to destroy humanity with that staff he just picked up!
- 1:42 - Is it a man? Is it a robot? Is it a god?
- 1:51 - No, it's... a suit of armour? Yeah, it's called Destroyer. Basically it's this thing controlled by the almighty leader of Asgard (Thor's daddio), Odin. But he's not actually in it, he just controls it. So either Odin is testing Thor, to see if he will protect the people, or Loki's somehow got hold of it and is attacking. Either way, looks like an awesome fight's in store, especially after it blows cars up.
- 1:56 - STOP!
- 1:57 - HAMMER TIME!
- 1:58-2:04 - Various explosions, battles and people running.
- 2:05 - Now this has been quite a topic of controversy. This is the Norse sentry, Heimdall, who stands on the rainbow bridge, Bifrost, and keeps Asgard safe from attack. But the problem is he's being played by a Black actor (I so wanted to just put Blacktor.) and this wouldn't be an issue if it wasn't for this: "Heimdall was said to be the 'brightest of the Gods' or the 'whitest of the Gods'". Now, I'm not bothered in the slightest of who plays him, but some hardcore mythologists are getting pretty pissed about the fact that all Norsemen were white and he's obviously not. I can see where they are coming from, but seriously, who cares? It's just a film and if he plays the role well then it's fine. And the irony is that it's the RAINBOW bridge he sits on. Something of many colours...
- 2:06 - That's the rainbow bridge i just mentioned, called Bifrost. Kind of trippy, right?
- 2:08-2:12 - Lots of hitting and fighting, including old timer Odin (Hopkins) getting in on some.
- 2:15 - King of the Frost Giants, Ymir, unleashes some crazy yeti dog for Thor to deal with.
- 2:27 - May 6th, 3D, Curtain.
So there you go, that's Thor. It does look pretty awesome, but out of the 3 Marvel movies coming this year, this is the one I'm least hyped for. Should still be good though. Well, hopefully that'll end my streak of Marvel movie trailers and I should be back next week with something different. Honest this time.
Oh, and sorry for the delay on the next RE:View. It'll be coming, by Friday at the latest. Still more doodles and quotes to come too, so stick around, you might just learn something.