|I'm not sure if this is the official poster, but it's all I could find for now.|
|Yeah, I know he looks like a hobo, but it really is Andy Serkis!|
Moving on, heres what's going down in Rise of The Planet of The Apes:
- 0:14 - Nice little walk into a lightning infsted lab - presumably the one where certain tests on apes are happening.
- 0:19 - Creepy finger through a cage. This doesn't look good for our primate cousins...
- 0:24 - James Franco unveils his plans on curing Alzheimer's. By the looks of the thing on the board behind, they show what a brain looks like with Alzheimer's, what a brain looks like normally and what it does with this new drug they're testing, from left to right.
- 0:31 - Testing out the ape known as Caesar, Serkis' main role. It seems very likely that this is the lead ape in future proceedings, due to his apparent intelligence before the drug, which ends up landing him in the lab rat seat for it.
- 0:41 - Testing is getting underway and Pinto's character seems concered. Bloody animal rights activists...
- 0:48 - Something definitely doesn't seem right with the first experiment...
- 0:57 - Looks like the drug has rapidly enhanced the ape's intelligence as it use a hand-crafted tool to attempt escape.
- 1:08 - King-Kong like gorilla smashes out from captivity.
- 1:10 - Now loads of apes are free, as they pour from the (presumable) lab roof.
- 1:12 - By jove! If it isn't Draco Malfoy himself! Or Tom Felton as I think he prefers. His role in the movie is still unclear however.
- 1:17 - The same ape from 1:08 is now running down a road behind a carnival.
- 1:20 - Now that's freaky! Ape, maybe Caesar, watches France and Pinto sleep.
- 1:27 - Caesar find the drug... This must be how they all get free.
- 1:29 - Caesar gives a realisation glance through a window.
- 1:33 - People looking freaked by all the leaves, obviously from all the apes running around up in the branches.
- 1:34 - They trashed the cafeteria as well! Damn, and I was looking forward to Sloppy Joe day!
- 1:37 - The tides have turned as one scientist is watched by all of the apes.
- 1:39 - The Golden Gate bridge is terrorised by the uprising apes.
- 1:42 - Oh Sh...
- 1:48 - Caesar looking pissed. Got to admire the incredible CGI here though, it's just so life like!
- 1:54 - Apes Will Rise: August 5th.
So, what'dya think of that? Pretty spine-chilling stuff, eh? There is something underlyingly creepy about that trailer, but I just can't put my finger on why. Or should I say that I can't put my "opposable thumb" on why? Anyway, I think it looks kind of cool, despite the fact it being a (possible cash-in) prequel. The WETA Workshop FX are just mind-blowing though, and I can't wait to see some of that in action. With this new inclusion, it looks like I'm going to be spending a lot of time at the cinema this Summer...