Another trailer from Comic-Con, was the preview of the next half of Doctor Who Season 6. Expect terrifying monsters, twisty plot lines and David Walliams as a small alien with no hair and pointy ears.
Anyone for a breakdown?
- 0:02 - Since when can Rory ride a motorbike?
- 0:04 - The Doctor appears to be wearing a proper suit, top hat included (No Fez?!) in front of a swastika. Confused yet?
- 0:07 - The number 11. Not only my favourite number, but the incarnation of the Doctor that Matt Smith is, hence the "My time is running out" over the top of it. Don't panic though, Matt is still playing the Doctor next season too.
- 0:08 - Who is Winston Churchill holding a gun to? The Doctor? Hitler? James Corden?
- 0:09 - Speak of the devil; here comes that lovable mass of a man running down a changing room corridor. Looks like we'll be seeing a return of his character, Craig Owens.
- 0:10 - And here's David Walliams' aforementioned alien, called Gibbis, a spooky new creature appearing in the Toby Whitehouse (Being Human) written episode, God Complex.
- 0:11 - And another guest star this series, Daniel Mays (Outcasts, Ashes to Ashes), who'll be in a Mark Gatiss (Sherlock) episode, entitled Night Terrors.
- 0:11 - Madame Kovarian also returns...
- 0:13 - What is this the eye of? Dalek? Silence? James Corden?
- 0:15 - WTF?! Middle aged Amy? In futuristic armour? When is this going to happen?
- 0:16 - A snippet from the much anticipated episode "Lets Kill Hitler", where apparently the Doctor and co do quite the opposite. "Oh FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"
- 0:19 - An odd exchange between Doctor and Corden, involving some homosexual interactions. Didn't see that coming, did you?
- 0:22 - Amy in wonderland.
- 0:23 - A quick shot of what looks to be a darker and grimier take on the Starship Enterprise cockpit.
- 0:25 - At least now we know how the Doctor gets to Hitler. Smashing through the window.
- 0:26 - River. Is. Madame. Kovarian? WHAT!? Actually, there was always a slight resemblance there...
- 0:28-0:33 - The Silence. Cybermen. Weeping Angels. Creepy Dolls. Robots. Ugly Viking playing chess. And a close up on a Minatour. Anything else?
- 0:33-0:35 - Followed by smashing. Lots of smashing.
- 0:36 - Rory punches Hitler! FRIDGE YEAH!
- 0:37 - Amy fights robots with swords and sticks! FRIDGE YE-HEAH!
- 0:38 - David Walliams/Gibbis hides in a closet! FRIDGE YE-oh wait, that's not that exciting.
- 0:40 - SLOW DOWN! IT'S GOING TOO FAST! From what I could gather here, dudes shoot Silence, one guy teleports, the Doctor pulls Daniel Mays away from something, a Minotaur runs down a corridor and Cybermen heads blow up. Phew.
- 0:46 - So who is in the astronaut suit? That little girl? The Doctor himself? James Corden?
- 0:52 - Answers will come, en masse I suppose. Looks like all these over arching plot lines should be tied up by the end of this, which makes you wonder, "How the fridge are they going to do that?".
So. Many. Questions? Why is there a Minotaur, why are the Cybermen there, will they kill Hitler, what's the deal with River, why was Amy aged, will there be a Fez, who is Daniel Mays, how does the Doctor not die, how does Gibbis play into it and most importantly, is the Doctor gay with James Corden? It'll all be revealed, this Autumn. Can't wait.