Quote of the Day

"We're only here briefly, and while I'm here I want to allow myself joy. So fuck it."
- Amy, Her.

Wednesday 23 March 2011

A Taste Of Fiction

As you may have noticed by now, I enjoy writing. So, for a nice change I thought I'd post a little fiction I'd written. It's nothing special, just something I wrote a while ago, that I thought might provide a good filler for the blog. Anyway, here it is:

The wind whistled through the open window, providing a light breeze for old man inside. The old man whistled back, and to his delight, he made quite the melody. He sat there for hours, peacefully watching the clam outdoors and never tiring of the same sights. Every falling leaf, every gliding bird, even the odd car horn would endlessly fascinate him.
   After a long while, the old man got up and wandered slowly around the compact room in search of his coat. "I know I'll regret it if I leave without it.", he thought to himself. Eventually, he found it, tucked away neatly in a dusty old cupboard. Slowly he strode toward the window. Carefully, he flung open the rusty hatches and pushed the outer frame out as far as he could. Taking one last good look at the tranquility before him, the old man felt an overwhelming sense of contentment upon him.

And jumped...

So, that's it. Short but sweet, I guess. Maybe a tad bit depressing? But yeah, that was just a little something I thought I'd share. Now apologies for the absence recently, as I believe I may have missed my 2 weekly regulars... Been busy, you know how it is. Hopefully I'll be back on track next week though, so stay tuned folks. ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment