|I think the above statement just about sums it up nicely.|
Well, another Tuesday, another trailer. This week it's Source Code, the new Techno-Thriller (ooh, fancy!) from the guy behind creepy sci-fi thriller, Moon. Starring Jake Gyllenhaal (Prince of Persia, Love and Other Drugs) it certainly looks to be as mind boggling as it is explosion-y. Here's the plot:
"When decorated airman Captain Colter Stevens (Gyllenhaal) wakes up in the body of an unknown man, he discovers he's part of a mission to find the bomber of a Chicago commuter train. In an assignment unlike any he's ever known, he learns he's part of a government experiment called the "Source Code," a program that enables him to cross over into another man's identity in the last 8 minutes of his life. With a second much larger target threatening to kill millions in downtown Chicago, Colter re-lives the incident over and over again, gathering clues each time, until he can solve the mystery of who is behind the bombs and prevent the next attack."
Want some more P's? Hit here for a hallucinogenic-injection of HD-ness.
B-B-Break it down:
- 0:08 - Scene is set - Chicago. Government official lady talks about bombs on trains.
- 0:11 - And there is said train...
- 0:12 - First look at Gyllenhaal as the story's protagonist, and he does not seem very well. Shocked and sweaty I'd say...
- 0:13 - Ah, and there is said bomb exploding in a fiery ball of fire, flame and fire.
- 0:15 - Mission reveal. SPOILER: It's a secret programme called Source Code (who'da thought it?), which apparently allows you to go back in time to relive the last 8 Minutes of someones life. Pretty cool, eh?
- 0:18 - And that's presumably how it happens - an awesome techno-web encases you in some sort of time bubble and transports you into the targets mind. Basically Inception with a DeLorean.
- 0:21 - Classic "Wait a minute!" mirror glance.
- 0:27 - Michelle Monaghan as the film's love interest, but I speculate she could be the bomber/secret agent on the same job.
- 0:30 - Explosions + flailing = WIN
- 0:32 - Aaaaand... You're back in the room! Gyllenhaal awakens from the hellish mission.
- 0:36 - Yay! More bombs! This is like some sort of Al-Qaeda wet dream...
- 0:40 - Suspects, suspects, suspects. Looks like this may take a few tries, as he re-enters the mission.
- 0:44 - More techno-shizzle.
- 0:48 - Train re-explodes, like some horrible terrorist groundhog-day.
- 0:53 - Scientist reveals that Monaghan can't be saved.
- 0:57 - Incoming! Would not want to clean that up...
- 0:59 - April 1st. Not too long to wait then.
Yarp, that's all. Kind of a lazy one this week, does look interesting though. I love the idea of the Groundhog Day-style "Rinse and Repeat", where he'll be going back and back and back, each time unraveling a bit more of the mystery. I would like to note though that Gyllenhaal's character is not given this mission at the start of the movie, and is instead just thrown into it unawares of what the fridge is going on. It's explained better in this first trailer, which I personally prefer. Anyway, that's Source Code, I'm Arnie and this is over. See you next week.