|The gang is back|
"Phil (Bradley Cooper), Stu (Ed Helms), Alan (Zach Galifianakis) and Doug (Justin Bartha) travel to exotic Thailand for Stu's wedding. After the unforgettable bachelor party in Las Vegas, Stu is taking no chances and has opted for a safe, subdued pre-wedding brunch. However, things don't always go as planned. What happens in Vegas may stay in Vegas, but what happens in Bangkok can't even be imagined." - Collider Videos
And the trailer:
There's not much here but I'll try my best to come with some stuff:
- 0:12 - A dirty Bangkok corridor on some seemingly abandoned apartment building... Gary Thompson liked the first film.
- 0:17 - A dirty Bangkok apartment with a lot of booze on the far right... Peter Travers also liked the original
- 0:21 - A dirty Bangkok bedside with a mean looking cockroach roaming around the side of an ashtray... This is what Rodger Ebert is talking about, apparently.
- 0:25 - A dirty Bangkok bathroom, could really do with some Mr Muscle... Both the Times of LA and NY approve of The Hangover, and Glamour does too.
- 0:36 - A dirty Bangkok... Monkey!? Fully clothed too? Definitely looks like a convenient source of laughs.
- 0:43 - The Wolfpack - Slow-Mo gangsta walk included - make their return, as they follow mentioned monkey.. As usual, Doug is nowhere to be seen... Wonder what it was this time? Alan's looking as awesome as ever though, with his straw hat and tucked in Labrador shirt. Plus, Stu looks like he some sort of tattoo on his face which I'll get into later...
- 0:53 - "The three best friends that anybody could ever have" are barricaded up in some sort of building - probably the apartment block from earlier.
- 0:55 - Alan's bald! Or at least, he's head is shaved. Whether it's like that prior or happens during the crazy antics is yet to be seen. And you can also see that the monkey (perched upon Phil's worried shoulder) is in fact wearing a Rolling Stones jacket...
- 0:59 - Here's Stu and his new tattoo. It looks identical to that of Mike Tyson's tribal face design, so it could be a reference to the first movie or just another thing that happens in all the commotion.
- 1:03 - Releases Memorial Day (May 30th) in the US, so most likely sometime after here in the UK.
That's really just a teaser trailer and hopefully a full one will drop soon, fingers crossed. Looks like it's following the same formula as the first, in which we see them trying to piece together what happened the night before and find Doug. However, it does seem a lot darker than the original, so that could be an interesting twist. Perhaps they're going to get in trouble with the local gangs? Well, with Liam Neeson appearing as some "tattoo guy" and Bill CLinton making a guest appearance, it certainly looks to be quite the party. Anyway, here's hoping it'll be as hilarious as the first and not squander on the success of it's predecessor. But for a lot of us, May 30th can't come sooner.